Village Vancouver is a volunteer-driven organization, so if you want to change the world, roll up your sleeves and volunteer with us! There are many ways you can participate, with new opportunities coming up all the time. Please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form or send an email to email@example.com.
Current and upcoming opportunities:
- Administrative Assistant: We're seeking someone who can devote 4 (or more) hours/week to help with administrative tasks.
- Newsletter Editors: We're seeking 2 or 3 more volunteers to join our Newsletter Team to help get our newsletter out each month and make it the best it can be. Perfect for aspiring journalists and media barons!
- Tablers: Help promote Village when we table or have a booth.
- Event Promoter: Coordinate the posting of VV events in the Georgia Straight, West Ender, Courier,and other media outlets.
- Videographer: Make videos of events for VVTV and post them to this site. At some point, we'd also like to make our own In Transition Vancouver video.
- Slideshow Artist: Make topical slideshows about VV using the incredible collection of photos on this site.
- Mailing List Manager: Help manage our email lists. Skills: data entry and familiarity with Mail Chimp. This position has now been filled.
- Administrative Working Group Member: We're looking for one or two more folks to help with admin tasks for 3-5 hours/month.
- Group and Village Coordinators/Core Group Members: Help coordinate a village or group and engage fellow Villagers and community members.
- Commercial Drive Village is looking for a couple more people to join its' Core Group.
- Join a Community or Collaborative Garden/Help w/other Urban Ag Initiatives: Get involved with a VV garden or other growing project. All levels of experience welcome. Several folks have indicated interest, and we're now in the process of figuring out where everyone will be gardening.
- Help with a Permaculture Project: Get involved with a VV Permaculture project. All levels of experience welcome. Several folks have indicated interest, and we're now in the process of figuring out where everyone will be gardening.
VV's Permaculture Plot at Cottonwood Community Garden is looking for 1 or 2 new participants. No experience necessary. Several folks have indicated interest.
- Seed Librarians: Help maintain our growing collection of seed libraries and keep them well-stocked.
- West End Food Scrap Drop Spots Volunteers: Help collect food scraps and divert them from the landfill. With the new bylaws mandating apartment participation in collecting food scraps, this 3 year project successfully ended in mid-2015 after having collected over 50 tons of food scraps.
- Kits Village Plastic Recycling Depot Volunteer: Help with our monthly depot 1-2 hours/month.
- Host a Drop-in Spaghetti Night: Help introduce neighbours to one another over a meal. Hosts are eligible to receive $5/person to cover the costs of the food. (Some geographical restrictions apply.) Click here for more information.
- Help at VV Table at Just Film Festival (March 20-22, 2015): We need 4 or 5 members to do a 3 hour (or so) shift at our table.Tablers get to see one or two free movies. Watch for volunteer ops at the 2016 Festival.
- Volunteer for Just Film Festival (March 20-22, 2015): Lots of help needed! If you volunteer 6 hours or more, you get a free pass to the festival. Click here for more information. Watch for volunteer ops at the 2016 Festival.
- VV Car Free Day Demo Village Volunteers (April-June 2015): Join dozens of other volunteers working with organizer Ross to create a huge VV Community Village at the Main St. Car Free Day Festival in June 2015. Planning (starting in April) and day of. Watch for volunteer ops at the 2016 Festival.
- Kitsilano Car Free Day Core Organizers (April-June 2015): Every year Kits residents, including many VVers, help organize and participate in 15-20 block parties on the weekend of Car Free Day. The Kits organizing team needs 2 or 3 more people to help with this. Watch for volunteer ops at the 2016 Festival.
- Neighbour Savour VI (October 2015): Help with outreach, setup, tabling, food scraps/recycling station, cleaning, breakdown, etc. at our annual zero waste community potluck. Thanks to all 35 volunteers!
- Start a new project: Do you have a project in mind that you'd like to do through Village? Let's talk about it.
- Run for the Village Vancouver Transition Society Board of Directors. Our 2016 AGM is on November 23rd. For more info, please contact Ross Moster, VVTS President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.