Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities
1st 2012 meeting TONIGHT: Thursday, May 10, 7-8:30 PM
Meet at site location (13th & Main, west side of street); we'll go to a coffee shop (JJ Beans at 14th) or eatery a little later (and may go to 9 pm if needed.)
Tonight's draft agenda:
1. Recap of past CFD (and other) Demo Villages.
2. Discuss general logistics: date (Sunday, July 17), scope, layout, physical elements, volunteers/semi-self organizing nature, timeline leading up to and day of.
3. 2012 Activities Spreadsheet.
2011 activities (for ideas):
2010 activities (for ideas):
Check out photos from the demo village at the 2010 People's Summit/ Main St Car Free Day:
4. Physical village: VV info booth(s): Neighbourhood Village display. VV Projects (smaller displays), etc in VV booth. (VV food panels?). Graphic representation. (eg What's your ideal neighbourhood look like? See photos from 2010 for example). larger VV diplays. Chickens, Bike maintenance station(s). Solar Village. Bees. Permaculture Village.Local Currency. Two Block Composting/Worm Composting. Coolaborastiver Gardening. FED-AP. Fun stuff (face painting, speech bubbles, etc.). Other groups (examples: CACV, Scouts, MoV, VTL, etc.), Swapping and Alterations booth (TBC; local economy/zero waste project). Demo's/short workshops? Laptop(s) for signups?, etc. etc.
5. Tent /canopy/table procurement.
6. Banners/sign making/Making sure everyone knows they're entering our Village. Linking signage. Work party? (Projector - project image.)
7. Electricity? Additional possibilities with?
10. Recruiting volunteers: For planning group, to help with tent/table transport, setup, break down, and to be at the booth during the day to help promote Village Vancouver, VV projects, neighbourhood Village promotion etc.,
11. Collecting donations for Car Free Vancouver.
12. Other? Please feel free to add.
13. Next meeting.
If you'd like to get involved but can't make it tonight, please join this group! For further info: Ross firstname.lastname@example.org.