Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities
Time: June 1, 2014 from 12pm to 3pm
Location: McBride Park Fieldhouse
Street: 3360 4th Ave (@ Waterloo)
Event Neighbourhood and Type: kits, permaculture, pots, planters, perennials, mcbride park
Organized By: Estefanía Bravo, Manuel Mateo, Village Vancouver (Ross Moster), LocoMotoArt (Laura Lee Coles)
Latest Activity: Jun 1, 2014
A free event/workshop project to enjoy and plant herbs, fruits, veggies and flowers in pots and planters, learning about permaculture principles and creating art designs in wood boxes. During the project, you will enjoy:
- Build wood boxes for planting
- Create and decorate boxes with your own style
- Talk about what is permaculture
- Plant different types of perennial herbs, fruits, veggies, and flowers
- Help create a place where pollinators are attracted, as part of a permaculture based larger pollinator corridor of front yards, green spaces, blvds., and other spaces in Kitsilano. (More locations welcome!)
- Learn about plants from around the world
- Meet and talk with your neighbours
- Develop your creativity and imagination
- Lots of fun!
Today we're going to focus on building several planters.
This activity is for families, young people, adults, seniors... for everyone! You are welcome to come and enjoy it and no experience necessary!
For more information, please contact me at this e.mail or phone me (778.714.1349) .
This event is hosted by Village Vancouver, LocoMotoArt in partnership with Vancouver Park Board and West Point Grey Community Centre.
This Greenest City Neighbourhood Small Grant is funded by the Vancouver Foundation and the City of Vancouver, and administered by Kits Neighbourhood House.