Village Vancouver

Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities

I live in Trafalgar Housing Coop (5th & Trafalgar) and interested in connecting with others who live in housing coops - especially in the Kitsilano area.  At least 4 of us are attending the Coop Housing Federation of BC educational workshop on March 27 and would be pleased to share the information afterwards. trafalgarmary@gmail.com

Views: 1016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there,

My name is Afsaneh, and I'm new to the network. Just found your discussion thread.

I would very much like to hear about the workshop.

thanks,
afsaneh
Hi, Well I took workshops on Policies that Work and Governance Test (a 3-page list of items that co-ops should do). Another member took Leadership Renewal and several took a full day workshop on Dealing with Conflict. All of the facilitators were excellent - and all the content focused directly to people who live in housing co-ops: most of the 150 or so who came are on their board of directors or very actively involved in a committee.
Do you live in a housing co-op?
Hi there Mary,

Presently live in a rented suite. I would like to move into a housing co-op. I don't know much about it and not really sure how to get started. I visited a website for a housing co-op close to commercial drive but there was very little information posted.

thanks for your reply.
search for CHF BC (the Cooperative Housing Federation of BC - You'll get a lot of info and can probably sign up for their e-newsletter there too.

Hi Mary,

Came across you here! Am going to do the permacuture day this Saturday. I did quite a bit of it years ago. Lovely meeting you and seeing your beautiful art work.

Cheers, Lydia

RSS

Village engages individuals, neighbourhoods & organizations to take actions that build sustainable communities & have fun doing it. Join us!

Donate or Join VV Transition Society

Join VV Transition Society

Make a donation here or here:

Become a Monthly Donor here or here (click on desired option before hitting subscribe):

Buy Books -- Support Village Vancouver

Village earns 15% on your book purchases from New Society Publishers. Details here.

Latest Activity

Damian Connolly is now a member of Village Vancouver
Sep 5
Coral is now a member of Village Vancouver
Aug 31
Profile IconJohn McCurdy and IT VV joined Village Vancouver
May 16
VanDusen Botanical Garden posted an event
Thumbnail

Seaweed Pressing Workshop: Preserving Botanical Specimens at VanDusen Botanical Garden, Classroom

May 25, 2019 from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
May 15

Ongoing Courses/ Regular Activities

Interested in participating in a VV garden? Contact us at gardening@villagevancouver.ca.

Interested in getting involved or volunteering with Village Vancouver? check out http://www.villagevancouver.ca/page/volunteering-1.

Kits Village Recycling Depot

Permaculture Vancouver Meetups

West End Community Potluck/WE Urban Garden Club

© 2019   Created by Yael Stav.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service