Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities
Time: December 19, 2019 from 6pm to 7pm
Location: Kits Community Centre
Street: 2690 Larch Ave
Website or Map: http://www.kitscc.com
Phone: RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or on event post
Event Neighbourhood and Type: kitsilano, recycling, zero waste, seed library
Organized By: Ross Moster, Kathy McKay, Alison Bealy, Kits Village Vancouver, Westside Neighbourhood Food Network, and Kits Community Centre
Latest Activity: Dec 15, 2019
Drop off your clean plastics at our monthly recycling depot. Pre-sort your plastics and arrive no later than 6:45. (Please note that we can't accept anything before 6 pm.)
Kits Community Centre, 2690 Larch Ave. The depot will be held in the patio outside of the south entrance to the community centre, immediately north of 12th and Larch.
1. Soft plastics, i.e. any plastic bags, wraps or packaging,
2. Hard plastics, i.e. any hard plastics (#1 thru #7, but w/metal parts etc. removed),
3. Styrofoam blocks,
4. Styrofoam containers (white), i.e. cups and food take out containers,
5. Styrofoam containers (other colours), i.e. cups and food take out containers,
6. Styrofoam peanuts and other "soft" styrofoam,
7. Wax lined beverage containers,
8. Foil lined bags (packaging and wraps).
If you're driving, it's best to park either on 12th Ave eastbound or on Larch south of 12th.
Next depot: January 16
WANT TO HELP? We're looking for one or two volunteers to help for an hour a month on the evening of the depot (6-7).
The depot is supported part of the year by a Greenest City Neighbourhood Small Grant from the City of Vancouver and the Vancouver Foundation administered by Kits Neighbourhood House.
Village Vancouver is a member of Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Networks - check it out!
We acknowledge that the land on which we gather is the unceded territories of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the Xwméthkwyiem (Musqueam), Skwxwúmesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations