Happy New Year 2012, the Year of the Dragon. This is an invitation from the West End Neighbourhood Food Network (WENFN) to the following event, part of our ongoing series of activities about food and growing in the West End.
West End Neighbourhood Food Network Potluck and Presentation
Saturday, January 14, 1 to 3 pm
West End Community Centre (Denman Room)
Join WENFN for an informal potluck, followed by a presentation (see details below) on food security and urban agriculture activities in the West End.
We're Looking forward to see you there. For those who can't make it, I'll write up a little report and put it up on www.greenmillennium.org, where you can see reports of other past activities of WENFN. We're still working on a WENFN website.
for steering group, West End Neighbourhood Food Network (WENFN)
Presentation(s) on Jan 14
- Ana Maria Bustamente is confirmed as a presenter, and others may be added. Ana Maria Bustamente (Multicultural & Community Development Coordinator
Gordon Neighbourhood House, and also steering group of WENFN) will speak about food security programs at the Gordon House. She might also report on a meeting held December 7 called "From Here to There: Food, Energy, and Resiliency in Vancouver" (by MOV, in partnership with the Vancouver Food Policy Council and Village Vancouver Transition Society)
- We may also hear from another speaker from Recycling Alternative (www.recyclingalternative.com) with a report about their composting "Drop Spot" pilot project (now at Gordon House, 10 am to 1 pm every Saturday) http://foodscrapsdropspot.tumblr.com/.
- A speaker might come from the YMCA Intercultultural Community Gardens Project (on the roof of St. Paul's Hospital). Here's a good article on it: http://www.granvilleonline.ca/community/st-paul%E2%80%99s-rooftop-g...
- It has been suggested that we have monthly pot-lucks like this -- informal and fun, with exchange of information. If you like the idea, please send a note back to show interest.
- Please see page 25 of the current West End Community Centre Program, or visit www.greenmillennium.org for a list of several other of our events at the community centre from January through March