Village Vancouver

Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities

I received kefir grains in the summer and have been giving some away to family and friends as the grains have been growing. I'm now in a pickle as I have run out of people to offer them too. If anyone is interested in having some let me know. I think I have enough to share with 4 people right now.

Views: 7432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope I didn't discourage you from trying out kefir grains. They are really easy to take care of when you have healthy kefir grains, unfortunately I have let mine go and do their thing and they need a little more care now.
There are many people out there with healthy kefir grains. Good luck!

Hello Tania. I live in West End I just joined hte Village Vancouver. While browsing the website, I found your postng. If you are still looking for someone to share the kefir grans with, I will gladly receive it. Will you explain how to use them?
Thank you,
Ewa

Hi Ewa, please see the response above that I left Nikoo. If you still feel you would like some grains you are more than welcome :)
-Tanya

Howdy,

I have water kefir grains. A LOT. Super healthy looking. If you would like some, please let me know. I have dried and fresh. As far as I can tell, dried is only 40% viable. I have them just for backup. I also wanted to inquire regarding milk kefir and kombucha. I live in Burnaby, so if we could meet up sometime soon that would be lovely! Thanks !!

Hi Athenaise, that sounds great I would love some water kefir! I can certainly give you a kombucha mother/baby/starter (whatever it's called) if you'd like. My milk kefir grains need some care but if you're willing to do a bit of work to revive them you can have them. They aren't what they use to be, but with a bit of care they should come back, I can give you instructions on this.
Email me at tanya.oteros@gmail.com and we can arrange a meet-up.
Cheers,
Tanya

I would love somewater kefir grains.....could I possibly pick some up from you Feb 9? Did you know that if you buy a bottle of Kombucha from a store, preferrably the original, not flavored, and make a tea with 4 tsp. sugar and two tea bags in 1-2 cups of boiled water.....cool it down and add the store bought Kombucha....place in glass or ceramic bowl, cover with a tea towel with an elastic around it and let it sit in your cupboard for 5-10 days....you will grow your own scoby baby.
It is nicer when someone gives you one already grown though....nice to have friends who share.
Karen

Hi Karen,
Yes! :) This is how I grew my own scoby. It's quite an interesting process.
So I'm sorry to inform you that I have thrown out my kefir today as I realized it had gone off and I wasn't sure if it was the safest thing to share or use myself anymore.
Good luck in your hunt! There are a few others in the VV community who also have kefir.
-Tanya

I would love some milk kefir grains......is it possible to come and pick some up from you....say Feb 9/2013.
Karen

Hey all,
Unfortunately my kefir grains (which had seen better days) have finally kicked the bucket.
I tried reviving it today, and after looking at its colour and smell I figured no one will want this kefir, I don't even want to use this kefir. So I no longer have kefir grains.
There are others in the VV community that have kefir and might be willing to share if they have enough to spare at that moment. Good luck in your hunt!
-Tanya

I live in Metro Vancouver, and am looking to get Kefir. Is there anybody here to help me. Thank you

Mary B.

Hi, My name is Laura Guzman and I am looking for someone who has some water kefir grains to share..., those that grow with raw sugar. Do you have any or know who does?

Thanks,

laura.guzman.f@gmail.com

Hi Laura.....I have water kefir grains, milk kefir grains and the kombucha mushroom (scoby).....if you or anyone is interested in any.....I am going to be in Vancouver on the 3rd.......North Vancouver at 10 am in the morning............let me know
Karen

RSS

Village engages individuals, neighbourhoods & organizations to take actions that build sustainable communities & have fun doing it. Join us!

Donate or Join VV Transition Society

Join VV Transition Society

Make a donation here or here:

Become a Monthly Donor here or here (click on desired option before hitting subscribe):

Buy Books -- Support Village Vancouver

Village earns 15% on your book purchases from New Society Publishers. Details here.

Latest Activity

Village Vancouver's event was featured
Thumbnail

*Depth of Field: Film Screening and Community Event at Community Hall, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House

March 21, 2024 from 5pm to 8pm
Mar 18
Village Vancouver posted an event
Thumbnail

*Depth of Field: Film Screening and Community Event at Community Hall, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House

March 21, 2024 from 5pm to 8pm
Mar 18
Soeine Bac updated their profile
Dec 4, 2023
Megan Vancouver joined Village Vancouver's group
Nov 14, 2023

Ongoing Activities

Interested in getting involved or volunteering with Village Vancouver? check out http://www.villagevancouver.ca/page/volunteering-1.

Regular activities:

Interested in participating in a VV garden? We have collaborative gardens/garden spaces in 5 neighbourhoods. Contact us at gardening@villagevancouver.ca. Gardening now in progress. New gardeners welcome (space allowing).

Kits Village Recycling Depot (Kits Community Centre) Next depot: Thursday, June 15th

Main St. Village monthly gatherings (1st Tuesdays Little Mountain Neighbourhood House) Currently on hold due to COVID

Permaculture Vancouver Meetups (3rd Wednesdays VV McBride Park Fieldhouse (sometimes elsewhere) Next meetup: Special date Thursday, July 29th

West End Community Potluck/WE Urban Garden Club (3rd Sundays West End Community Centre, in July and August 4th Thursdays - July 22nd and August 26th.

© 2024   Created by Yael Stav.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service