Village Vancouver

Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities

I obtained some kefir grains in May 2011 and have been making kefir and growing the grains - and giving excess to friends. Now several of us have more grains than we need.

I'd like to find good homes for excess grains - but I want to make sure those who take them are truly interested and knowledgeable about them and will take care of them.

Is anyone interested?

Views: 2221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Elaine
Do you currently have any water kefir grains to give away? I am so happy to see people sharing them!
I am in Coal Harbour.

Thank you and all the best to you
Kimberly

I am definitely interested in getting some Kefir grains if you still have some to share.
Thanks!
Anita

Hi Dalyce,
do you still have surplus water kefir grains? I know this was posted last year, but they just keep growing!
I would be happy to meet you to get them.
Thank you for sharing
Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

I believe it was Elaine who posted she had water kefir grains, in response to my offer for milk kefir grains. If you can go back and find her message, you can contact her.

cheers,

Dalyce

oops! thank you Dalyce, I have contacted Elaine.
all the best to you
Kimberly

Hi Dalyce,

Do you still have kefir grains to share? I've been trying to find some for a while, and will give them a good home!

Best,

Jocelyn

Hi Jocelyn,

I do have some water kefir grains that I can share with you if you'd like. Just bring a glass jar and let me know when you'd like to stop by. Feel free to contact me directly to coordinate a time - citizenof1world@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Elaine

Hi Jocelyn,

Yes, I have some milk kefir grains to spare. When would you like to collect them? I live in the West End near Stanley Park. Please contact my at deepp@telus.net directly so we can arrange it. D.

hi
Do you still have some kefir grains to share? I would love to have a few.
Please let me know

Hi sottovoche,

Unfortunately I don't have any grains to spare right now. I gave some away last Thursday and have had another request since then and advised that person I might have some in mid-January. Late Feb or early March would be the next time I have enough. However, I can check with some friends. Please include your e-mail address so we can correspond.

Hi again sottovoche,

I wrote to one of my friends as I've had a few requests recently, and she was very glad to hear from me as she's got too many grains! So, please get in touch, and maybe we can arrange to get some grains to you this weekend.

cheers,

Dalyce (deepp@telus.net)

Hi Dalyce,

I would love to start making water kefir ... have any of your friends still got a supply?

Thanks,
Rachel

RSS

Village engages individuals, neighbourhoods & organizations to take actions that build sustainable communities & have fun doing it. Join us!

Donate or Join VV Transition Society

Join VV Transition Society

Make a donation here or here:

Become a Monthly Donor here or here (click on desired option before hitting subscribe):

Buy Books -- Support Village Vancouver

Village earns 15% on your book purchases from New Society Publishers. Details here.

Latest Activity

Village Vancouver's event was featured
Thumbnail

*Depth of Field: Film Screening and Community Event at Community Hall, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House

March 21, 2024 from 5pm to 8pm
Mar 18
Village Vancouver posted an event
Thumbnail

*Depth of Field: Film Screening and Community Event at Community Hall, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House

March 21, 2024 from 5pm to 8pm
Mar 18
Soeine Bac updated their profile
Dec 4, 2023
Megan Vancouver joined Village Vancouver's group
Nov 14, 2023

Ongoing Activities

Interested in getting involved or volunteering with Village Vancouver? check out http://www.villagevancouver.ca/page/volunteering-1.

Regular activities:

Interested in participating in a VV garden? We have collaborative gardens/garden spaces in 5 neighbourhoods. Contact us at gardening@villagevancouver.ca. Gardening now in progress. New gardeners welcome (space allowing).

Kits Village Recycling Depot (Kits Community Centre) Next depot: Thursday, June 15th

Main St. Village monthly gatherings (1st Tuesdays Little Mountain Neighbourhood House) Currently on hold due to COVID

Permaculture Vancouver Meetups (3rd Wednesdays VV McBride Park Fieldhouse (sometimes elsewhere) Next meetup: Special date Thursday, July 29th

West End Community Potluck/WE Urban Garden Club (3rd Sundays West End Community Centre, in July and August 4th Thursdays - July 22nd and August 26th.

© 2024   Created by Yael Stav.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service