Village Vancouver

Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities

I obtained some kefir grains in May 2011 and have been making kefir and growing the grains - and giving excess to friends. Now several of us have more grains than we need.

I'd like to find good homes for excess grains - but I want to make sure those who take them are truly interested and knowledgeable about them and will take care of them.

Is anyone interested?

Views: 2221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi there,

I am very interested in some kefir grains.  how do I get them,please? I have some extra kombucha babies if anyone is interested.

thanks,

cheryl

We could meet somewhere. I live close to Stanley Park and don't own a vehicle.

The grains would be stored in goat's milk.

That's wonderful! Goat's milk.....I would love some of those kefir grains....Actually Stanley Park area is great for me as I have to drive right by there on my way home of Feb 9.
Goat's milk is the only one for me.
I just joined Village Vancouver and liking it already!
Karen

Hi Karen, please e-mail me directly so we can make arrangements.

Hi Dalyce......I am knew to this......how do I get your email address?

Cheryl, let me know if you want some kefir grains - I have enough to share right now.

Hi Dalyce

I am very interested in these kefir grains.

I also do not have a vehicle but could meet you near stanley park to pick them up.

I have never used kefir grains before but have read about kefir (made from grains) and am very excited about the  opportunity to share grains with hopefully a story to go with them!!

I will need instructions and will take very good care of them!...I  promise.

Mary

Great! Please contact me by e-mail at deepp@telus.net.

Dalyce

Cheryl, I still have kefir grains if you're interested. Please contact me by e-mail at deepp@telus.net.

And, I'd love to learn more about kombucha when we meet to give you the kefir.

Hi everyone,

I have some SUGAR WATER KEFIR grains and KOMBUCHA, so if anyone is interested in either of these, I'd love to share.  Basically, these guys double themselves on a regular basis....which means I will pretty regularly be looking for new homes for the extra growth.  If I don't have a scoby or enough sugar water kefir grains to share at the moment, I will soon enough.  So please do contact me if you're interested. 

If you've never tried it before, neither did I until I moved here a couple months ago.  But there's loads of info online and they're super helpful. 

Sugar Water Kefir:
http://www.yemoos.com/mainwaterkefir.html
http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/Makekefir.html#Kefir-d-acqua

Kombucha:
http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/fermenting/kombucha.shtml
http://www.kombuchahome.com/

I can also send you the email with directions that I was given by the freecycler who gave me my kombucha starter...it's pretty much all the basics you'll need to know to get started. 

Hi Elaine, I'd love to get some kefir grains from you if you have some to share.

thanks!

Erin

Hi Erin,

I definitely have some water kefir grains for you!  I'm just out of town for a couple days, but will be back on Wednesday.  So anytime later this week, you could come buy and pick it up.  Does that work for you?

Hope you'll really enjoy them!

e

RSS

Village engages individuals, neighbourhoods & organizations to take actions that build sustainable communities & have fun doing it. Join us!

Donate or Join VV Transition Society

Join VV Transition Society

Make a donation here or here:

Become a Monthly Donor here or here (click on desired option before hitting subscribe):

Buy Books -- Support Village Vancouver

Village earns 15% on your book purchases from New Society Publishers. Details here.

Latest Activity

Village Vancouver's event was featured
Thumbnail

*Depth of Field: Film Screening and Community Event at Community Hall, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House

March 21, 2024 from 5pm to 8pm
Mar 18
Village Vancouver posted an event
Thumbnail

*Depth of Field: Film Screening and Community Event at Community Hall, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House

March 21, 2024 from 5pm to 8pm
Mar 18
Soeine Bac updated their profile
Dec 4, 2023
Megan Vancouver joined Village Vancouver's group
Nov 14, 2023

Ongoing Activities

Interested in getting involved or volunteering with Village Vancouver? check out http://www.villagevancouver.ca/page/volunteering-1.

Regular activities:

Interested in participating in a VV garden? We have collaborative gardens/garden spaces in 5 neighbourhoods. Contact us at gardening@villagevancouver.ca. Gardening now in progress. New gardeners welcome (space allowing).

Kits Village Recycling Depot (Kits Community Centre) Next depot: Thursday, June 15th

Main St. Village monthly gatherings (1st Tuesdays Little Mountain Neighbourhood House) Currently on hold due to COVID

Permaculture Vancouver Meetups (3rd Wednesdays VV McBride Park Fieldhouse (sometimes elsewhere) Next meetup: Special date Thursday, July 29th

West End Community Potluck/WE Urban Garden Club (3rd Sundays West End Community Centre, in July and August 4th Thursdays - July 22nd and August 26th.

© 2024   Created by Yael Stav.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service