Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities
Time: October 15, 2010 to October 16, 2010
Location: Langara College
Street: 100 West 49 Avenue
Website or Map: http://www.langara.bc.ca
Event Neighbourhood and Type: workshop
Organized By: Leslie Kemp
Latest Activity: Oct 14, 2010
TRANSITION IN VANCOUVER:
from fossil fuel dependence to resilience
Co-sponsored by Langara College Continuing Studies and Village Vancouver
Join leaders of the transition movement in Vancouver for a 2-day workshop and dialogue introducing the principles, steps and lessons of the successful Transition Town model of local response to global challenges.
• What are the lessons for activists and concerned citizens?
• How can we increase resilience in every neighbourhood?
• What are the ways we might collaborate to get the impacts that are needed?
Michelle Colussi works with the Canadian Centre for Community Renewal (CCCR) in Victoria, BC and is a member of Transition Victoria. She brings over 20 years of community facilitation and organizing experience, and is currently involved in the development of a community resilience tool. She is a certified Transition Trainer.
Leave this workshop:
• Better equipped to offer leadership and support transformation in the Vancouver region.
• With understanding of the impacts of peak oil and climate change and the context for “transition”.
• With practical tools for leading change in your community such as how to organize open space sessions and awareness activities.
• With an understanding of the potential of the Transition Town model to create transformation both here in Vancouver and globally.
• Motivated to become involved in Vancouver’s “transition movement”.
• Committed to personal change and feeling empowered to take action in your neighbourhood, organization and/or community.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Civic and community leaders
• Anyone interested in strengthening a community-wide response to fossil fuel dependence and climate change
By phone: 604-323-5322
Fee: $195 (70775) (Includes course materials and refreshments. Bring your own lunch and a memory stick).
Discounts: Register by September 24 for a 10% discount. 50% discount for full-time students showing valid ID. Contact Leslie if cost is an issue.
For further information contact:
Leslie Kemp 604-323-5981/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Ross Moster 604-742-9881 email@example.com