Vancouver's Leader in Transition toward Strong, Resilient, Complete Communities
Time: June 27, 2015 to July 18, 2015
Location: UBC Farm and Bioregion
Street: 3461 Ross Dr
Website or Map: https://permacultureubcfarm20…
Phone: Skype: jamesmatthewrichardson
Event Neighbourhood and Type: certification, course
Organized By: James Richardson
Latest Activity: Jul 3, 2015
Presented by the Conscious Design Collective
With support from the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems and University of British Columbia.
June 27th - July 18th, 2015 | $975 - 1275 | UBC Farm & Bio-region
Permaculture is an holistic method of design leading to establishing a “permanent culture” guided by grounded ethics, principles and design practices. It considers the whole system at multiple levels of scale through the intelligent integration of social, economic, land, water, plants, and shelter sub-systems. Using Permaculture can lead to the design and implementation of self-sustaining, regenerative human systems that “do good” for both human kind AND the Earth.
- Observational and analysis skills to read the needs and opportunities of a landscape
- Water systems including ponds, swales, keyline systems, and water catchment
- Soil building, amendments, erosion control, and planning for a productive harvest
- Animals in urban and rural environments
- How to make a food forest (design, implementation)
- Designing for energy efficient and sufficient homes and communities
- Small and large scale site design (room, home, village, region)
- The environment and economics
- Drafting and communicating design with hand and computer assisted design
- Community consultation and charette design processes
- Horticultural techniques (propagation, grafting, efficient weeding and planting)
- Appropriate technologies, natural building (cob, earthen plaster)
- Planning for resilience
- Design of sacred space
- And many more…
Please join us for a dynamic, internationally recognized certificate course on the principles and practice of Permaculture Design. We will guide you to finding practical applications of sustainable design in urban and rural contexts though presentations, interactive design activities, and applied hands-on sessions.
Please see: https://permacultureubcfarm2015.eventbrite.com for details and registration.